MPLS TE tunnel

* Probably common knowledge, but be sure to put 'mpls ip' in your tunnels if the tailend is not an end-node PE and you are doing MPLS VPNs. Since I've "been there, done that", I'd suggest putting mpls ip on EVERY tunnel that might need it at the time of creation. I had
full-mesh TE amongst PE routers, with quasi-mesh among the remaining P routers for the background noise that they create. After a major meltdown with the PE full-mesh, I reverted to core full-mesh, and promptly broke VPNs and EoMPLS. (Of course, moments after fixing that,I found out I broke multicast MPLS VPNs...) Moral of the story: don'tmix IOS versions.

"Probably common knowledge, but be sure to put 'mpls ip' in your tunnels if the tailend is not an end-node PE and you are doing MPLS VPNs. "
--When the tailend of the MPLS TE tunnel is a P router,you need to put "mpls ldp discovery targeted-hello accept" on the tailend P router.
--No you don't. You only need that if the tunnel is doing 'mpls ip' AND
there isn't a corresponding tunnel in the opposite direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home